Nebula Graph RC4 Release Note
This release introduces some new features such as INDEX where you can use the
LOOKUP ON syntax to query indexed data, access management based on SPACE, and
Nebula Stats Exporter to interact with Grafana and Prometheus.
By the end of this release note you will find the steps to upgrade from RC3 to RC4.
Below is a list of features and tools in detail:
- Support Index to make searches of related data more efficient. An index on a property/properties combination can be created with CREATE INDEX.
DROP INDEXis to drop an index #1776.
REBUILD INDEXis to reindex the data #1566.
LOOKUP ONto query on index #1705. See #1738 for the performance of Storage Engine when inserting data with an index.
- Account management_ _and access control #1842, #1873_. _All users may perform only the operations permitted to them. For roles available in Nebula Graph and their privileges please refer to #1929. Add
--enable_authorize=trueto nebula-graphd.conf and restart the services to enable authentication.
- Support TTL to remove items after a certain amount of time automatically #1584, #422, #1934
DELETE VERTEXto support deleting a batch of vertices. And supports
uuid()functions for VertexID #1317, #1759
- Introduce Job Manager to manage the jobs that take a long time of Storage Engine. At present, it supports
SUBMIT JOBis to submit a job.
STOP JOBstops the running jobs. SHOW JOB shows the detailed info of a job.
RECOVER JOBis to put back the failed job to the queue. #1424
GOquery to traverse along with both incoming and outgoing directions. #1740, #1752
- Support Reservoir Sampling. Set enable_reservoir_sampling to TRUE is to turn on the sampling.
Max_edge_returned_per_vertexin nebula-storage.conf is to configure the number of returned edges. #1746, #1915
- Support more character sets and collations.
SHOW COLLATIONstatements show all available character sets and collations. It can be configured when creating the space. The default
CHARSETis utf8, and corresponding
COLLATEis utf8_bin. #1709
- Add Spark example for Nebula Graph. #56
- Support Deploying Nebula Graph on Kubernetes with Helm #1473
Nebula Stats Exporter(for Prometheus) to collect database metrics and expose metrics to Prometheus. And Grafana is integrated for metrics Visualization and Alerting. https://github.com/vesoft-inc/nebula-stats-exporter/pull/2
- RC4 is not compatible with the Data inserted before commitID
43453a0(2020.02.06) due to the change of the underlying data structure.
- The documentation has been moved to repo
vesoft-inc/nebula-docfor better maintenance
- For Nebula Python Client,
is_asyncis not supported when creating
ConnectionPool. Async client will be available later.
Upgrade from RC3 to RC4
If you are currently using a previous version of Nebula Graph and would like to try the new features in RC4, please follow the steps below for an upgrade:
- Stop all Nebula services
- Execute scripts/nebula.service stop all on each machine
- Execute scripts/nebula.service status all to confirm all services are stopped
- Install the new RPM package on each machine according to the OS you are using
- Get package: https://github.com/vesoft-inc/nebula/releases/tag/v1.0.0-rc4
- Install package, like: rpm -Uvh nebula-1.0.0-rc4.el7-5.x86_64.rpm
- Start Nebula
- Execute scripts/nebula.service start all on each machine
- Execute scripts/nebula.service status all to confirm Nebula services are started on each machine
- Reload your data into Nebula Graph
If you have any thoughts or suggestions, please feel free to leave us a comment via the Discussion board below! Or you may raise an issue directly on GitHub.
You might also like
Like what we do ? Star us on GitHub. https://github.com/vesoft-inc/nebula